Into The Pages

I will be using this blog as a reading journal to discuss the books I've read, and will be reading.

Name:
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm 26 years old, a college student at Penn State. My interests are books and the internet. I'll read any book as long as it has a good plot. My favorite is Harry Potter.. right now.

Friday, January 27, 2006

#2 Title Its Springtime In My Backyard

Title: It’s Springtime In My Backyard
Author: Kathy Mazur
Publisher: Spring Ducks Books, LLC www.springducks.com
ISDN: 0-9761076-0-0 Price: $16.95
Page Count: Approx 30 (pages aren’t numbered, I counted)
Genre: Children

Springtime!
Reviewed by: Jennifer Imparato

This book is an amazing ‘learn to read book’. It is the story of a child and her interaction with two ducks at the beginning of spring. The story is written in short sentences that children can understand which are accompanied by real photographs and drawings that illustrate what the words are explaining.

At the end of the story, there is information about male and female mallards, as well as pictures of other animals and plants that signal the beginning of spring. This book also includes a CD, on which the child the book is written about (Lauren Mazur, age 7) reads the book.

I would recommend this book to any parent with a young child. It’s not only a fun story for beginning readers, but it’s also a lesson about mallards as well. That’s like two lessons in one story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home