Into The Pages

I will be using this blog as a reading journal to discuss the books I've read, and will be reading.

Name:
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm 26 years old, a college student at Penn State. My interests are books and the internet. I'll read any book as long as it has a good plot. My favorite is Harry Potter.. right now.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

#3 A Voice in the Night

Title: A Voice In The Night
Author: GeorgeAnne Smith
Publisher: PublishAmerica, LLLP, Baltimore, MD www.publishamerica.com
ISBN: 1-4137-9489-0
Page Count: 75
Genre: Poetry

A Voice In The Night
Reviewed by: Jennifer Imparato

“We are a soulful lot, the “poet””, and excerpt from her poem “Who”, is a simple line that for me, sums the entire book.  I’ve dabbled in writing poetry myself, although I’m not professionally published, and I felt completely drawn in by this book. Each poem makes the reader feel as if they are getting to know the author. A Voice in the Night is a wonderfully written book of poems.

The author writes about topics that vary from love to hate, life to death, and every emotion in between. My favorite is “Present Moment”, which talks about going through life wondering if you’re taking the right path, attempting to live in the past, and realizing that the best gift that we have is the present – “here and now”. I’ve felt like that in the past, and it took a while to begin to live in and enjoy the present time.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys poetry written on a personal level. These poems are written in such a way that you can tell they are from the author’s heart, and personally those are the types of poems that I enjoy the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home