Into The Pages

I will be using this blog as a reading journal to discuss the books I've read, and will be reading.

Name:
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm 26 years old, a college student at Penn State. My interests are books and the internet. I'll read any book as long as it has a good plot. My favorite is Harry Potter.. right now.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Book #4 of 2007: Mugglenet.com Book

Title: Mugglenet.com's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Falls In Love and How the Adventure Finally End
Author(s): Ben Shoen, Emerson Spartz, Andy Gordon, Gretchen Stull

This book was really good, lots of good theories as to what will happen in the 7th and final Harry Potter book. The people involved in this writing project are those that run the website mugglenet.com and some of the people who participate in mugglecast (a podcast where they discuss harry potter theory). Its not an official book, although there were a lot of quoted interviews and other sources, its just speculation, which is always fun to read and discuss.

It was also helpful because, as I've been listening to both mugglecast and pottercast, things have come up that I have forgotten about. I know that I did a little speculation of my own a few posts back about who I think will live or die based on an article I read. But, they go really in depth to back up their theory/arguments. I know its time for a re-read, I just don't know where to start. I'm thinking either Order of the Pheonix (which has a movie coming out in July) or Half Blood Price, because a lot of the speculation comes from the last bits of information we were given - ie the last book published to date.

I know there are a lot of harry potter sites out there, but mugglenet is one of the best. The authors took into consideration everything they've discussed in the forums, mugglecast, theories of their own, other theories and differing opinions. Its not a book that has all the answers, after all, its not book 7 (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows), but it is a great place to start if you're anything like me and just on edge waiting for a release date. We've gotten a title, now, all that's left is a release date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home