Into The Pages

I will be using this blog as a reading journal to discuss the books I've read, and will be reading.

Name:
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm 26 years old, a college student at Penn State. My interests are books and the internet. I'll read any book as long as it has a good plot. My favorite is Harry Potter.. right now.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Book #8 of 2007 - The Pact

Title: The Pact
Author: Jodi Picoult

This was a pretty good book. At first, say the first half of it, I didn't think I'd like it, but the last 150 or so pages had me so engrossed that I didn't want to put it down.

It is a love story, but not a typical love story. Its about a 2 families that are neighbors, their children are born months apart, grow up together, and so on.

The story starts at the end, in the present, with the shot (Emily's suicide.. or is it?). The story is then told both in the present, and then flashback style. So you get to read about the 2 families meeting, the children growing up together, their relationship and so on.. intermingled into the story of what happend on the night of the gun shot and the time after until the end of the book. I don't want to give away any more of the "now" part in case someone hasn't read it that may be reading this (highly unlikely, but you never know).

Interesting writing style, good story, all in all a good book.

This was another book club book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home