Into The Pages

I will be using this blog as a reading journal to discuss the books I've read, and will be reading.

Name:
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm 26 years old, a college student at Penn State. My interests are books and the internet. I'll read any book as long as it has a good plot. My favorite is Harry Potter.. right now.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Book #9 of 2007 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Author: J.K. Rowling

I decided to read this book again because the seventh Harry Potter book is coming out next month and I wanted to refresh my memory as to the story as far as we have it. There were a couple things that I had forgotten about, or maybe never thought as much about until the re-read. I guess its like a movie, you can see them so many times and discover something you never saw before.

In the past few months, between mugglecast and pottercast, as well as talking with my friend chrissy about the upcoming book, there has been talk about the horcruxes, who lives or dies, etc. I have come up with a new horcrux theory, or possibility. My theory is - there is a horcrux hidden in the room of requirement. Harry walks past the room of requirement needing a place to HIDE his potion book. He is on his way to dumbledore's office and sees that Professor Trelawny is kicked out of the Room by someone already in the place she wants, a place to HIDE her Sherry bottles. We find out at the end that the "male voice" that was so happy in the Room, was Draco who was using the place to HIDE the vanishing cabinet he was fixing so that he could fix it and then let the death eaters in through it. Harry passed the cabinet while in the room to HIDE his book and dismisses it as a broken cabinet that Montague got lost in during the 5th book. So, here is the conclusion I came to: the Room became the same place for everyone looking to hide something, because Harry mentions things that looked like they'd been hidden and forgotten about, that is why he marked the spot where he put the book. As far as I can remember, no other time has the room looked like it had been used before for the same purpose it was being summoned for. So, what if Tom Riddle the student knew about the room of the requirement and was looking for a place to hide something and put it in that room. It was probably filled with hidden stuff before her got there. At the time he may not have had a horcrux to hide, but he could have kept it in mind and decided to use it. Another thought is that it could be charmed to look like "junk". I dunno.. just a thought.

I still love this book, and all the others.. and anxiously waiting for Deathly Hallows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home